Our brains are wired to reject what we can’t understand. How often have you been in a brainstorming session and heard ‘No, that won’t work’ or… ‘’But’ … These often automatic responses can suck the life, passion and creativity out of a brainstorm! This rapid-fire brainstorming activity helps students to work collaboratively and overcome their creativity blocks as they build on each other’s wild ideas with the joining phrase ‘yes, and’.
Recommended activity time: 20mins (option to extend with additional activity)
Included in this digital download:
- Impact Influencers Series ‘Yes And…’ video link to model brainstorming activity
- Background information on the neuroscience behind the resource
- Teacher tips to help with planning and delivery
- Scenario prompts to help you jump straight in!
- BONUS 7 Rules of Brainstorming poster
General Capabilities: Critical and Creative Thinking
Australian Blueprint for Career Development: 2.2