Amplify your voice.
Advocate for change.
Free Virtual Event for 15-25yr olds
Sunday, 16th August from 11:30am - 1:30pm
What will you get out of this event?
This year’s been a wild and unexpected one. With bushfires still on our hearts, we’re now dealing with a global pandemic and seeing the rise of a major global movement for equality. School and work has shifted home and back again, sports and creative arts put on hold alongside so many live events we’ve all been waiting for, and we’ve spent the longest time away from friends and loved ones than possibly ever before.
There’s been a lot of challenges. Yet amongst this, we’ve seen a sense of opportunity and hope, with this unique moment in time offering a chance for us all to re-imagine the future.
Your generation are the change makers, ready to drive impact.
We know that from the latest report from Mission Australia. Yet, that same report tells us that the majority of young people feel they don’t have a platform to voice their opinions on public affairs, and many feel they don’t have a platform within their schools, universities, or workplaces.
Let’s change that, together.
Join us on 16th August, 2020, for a LIVE Nation-wide Youth Event
On Sunday, 16th August from 11:30am-1:30pm, we invite all young people aged 15-25 years old to join us at Speak Up 2020, our first nation-wide virtual event that aims to empower young people with the tools they need to amplify their voice to drive impact.
And, because we know the next generation are a little tired of talking and not seeing the action that results, we’ll be compiling a white paper off the back of the findings from the event so that we can amplify your voices with the, change-makers, earth-shakers, influencers and innovators around the world so that together, we can turn insights into action towards a brighter, stronger, more united world for all.
Let’s make it happen.
Guest Speaker: Tane Hunter, Future Crunch
Tané is a cancer researcher and science communicator. He is a founder of Future Crunch, a group of scientists, artists, researchers and entrepreneurs that believes science and technology are creating a world that is more peaceful, connected and abundant. Their mission is to foster intelligent, optimistic thinking about the future, and to empower people to contribute to a 21st century that works for everyone.
With thanks to our Industry Partners:
How the event will run:
- Pre-event, you’ll receive an invitation to complete a 10 minute survey prior to logging into the event
- You’ll receive a zoom link via email, so you can join us live!
- In the first section, we’ll hear from:
- Tane Hunter, co-founder of Future Crunch who’ll be sharing all the good news you might not have heard about, as well as what the most important skills to develop for the 21st Century will be.
- Anna Shepard, CEO of Bambuddha, on why companies who embrace kindness are leading the way in the future of work
- Rebecca Rynehart from Beaumont People, to understand emerging trends in the future of work
- We’ll then jump out into virtual break out rooms to explore questions about the future of work, and your big ideas
- To close the event, we’ll come back together to share what we’ve uncovered
And all of this is for FREE. You just need a good internet connection, a quiet space, and an open, curious mindset!
Over 25yrs but still interested in the event?
We’ve had a lot of enquiries from “big kids” keen to be involved and we think that’s fantastic! If you’re over the age of 25yrs but still keen to be a part of this event, please complete the below form and we’ll be in touch shortly.